Wednesday, November 22, 2006

three years


Today Chay and I will be married for three years.

We have been through a lot in such little time. Together we have dealt with our share of disappointments and our share of "pure blisses". However nothing could make us more committed, more solid, more in love than the hard times we have experienced...and yes there are more to come.

It is the boring times, the silent car drives, the long nights with the baby, that let me know how wonderful it is to be with Chay. I feel no obligations, no guilt, no need to please, no expectations to be someone I'm not. He doesn't take any energy out of my becoming. He just allows me to be me in every way. Patient, he is very patient.

Many times when I am off in my thoughts, I think of how Chay's love for me is so pure. I have said and written a million times that if I ever attain a huge goal or reach high levels of my potential in this life, it will be because I am married to Chay.

What can I say? I'm in love with Chay.
Happy Anniversary to me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you two should be the poster children for a Marriage. I would buy it. I did.

Laura said...

It is so wonderful that you have a love like that! I only wish everyone could. Happy Anniversary!

Unknown said...

happy anniversary chapril!! Remember when you lived in Portland? Well I will never forget the Sunday I sat next to the two of you in sacrament and felt so strongly of the love between the two of you. I want that love also... the kind that is true and steady. Your love will change the world!!

EDK said...

I, too, want to wish you a happy anniversary, April. Chay was sent to you and our family by a loving Heavenly Father who knows all things...the beginning and the end. Cherish him always, and never take him for granted. He is oneof a kind and very loved by me. So are you!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Calie said...

April your amazing! I am in awe of you every time I read something of yours. You have a way of making me feel totally connected to what I am reading... I think I am in love with Chay too. HAHAHA Just kidding. Happy Anneversary! Love you.

Marne said...

Okay April you made me get teary-eyed! Happy Anniversary! You are my inspiration!

Laura said...

Yes, Laura (Hall) Pitman. Changed...yikes...good or bad?! :)