1. freedom from arbitrary or despotic government or control.
2. freedom from external or foreign rule; independence.
3. freedom from control, interference, obligation, restriction, hampering conditions, etc.; power or right of doing, thinking, speaking, etc., according to choice.
4. freedom from captivity, confinement, or physical restraint: The prisoner soon regained his liberty.
5. permission granted to a sailor, esp. in the navy, to go ashore.
6. freedom or right to frequent or use a place: The visitors were given the liberty of the city.
7. unwarranted or impertinent freedom in action or speech, or a form or instance of it: to take liberties.
8. a female figure personifying freedom from despotism.
—Idiom9. at liberty, a. free from captivity or restraint.
Am I #8? Oh my, I think I am.
Think about the definition above.
And how does the following quote contradict the governmental views of today? Please write a essay in 300 words or less explaining...did anyone have a college flashback nightmare??? (I used to love essays on tests by the way)
"We should make the poor uncomfortable and kick them out of poverty." ~Benjamin Franklin
Just this week:
This week Obama told congress, "You can't just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done" I seriously gasped for air when I read that. I do not listen to Rush Limbaugh very often but a president of the United States can not say that nor should he believe he has the right to say that. America can listen to whatever they want, formulate and argue any opinion they want- and the opposition is essential to government. If you don't think this is a big deal, think again. Think on a much larger scale- a scarier scale-What did Hitler do when he didn't want his people being influenced by a different opinion than his? If you don't remember history class, just watch Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade...that might help a little. (It involves fire...and books.)
This week Obama as president, signed an executive order to allow federal funding for abortions done outside of the United States. It just broke my heart.
This week, the congress passed Obama's $818 billion dollar stimulus package.
ok so I don't have much more to say.
I did find a video clip that astounded me...it makes me upset. There really isn't anything we can do about it- and so sometimes I feel that getting angry over our elected president is wasted energy. I am so grateful however we can get still get upset and still voice our opinions. anyway:
Barrack Obama can have his opinion obviously...but it is just sad that we voted in a man who supposedly promised he would do all he can to protect and defend the constitution- only to have him say it is flawed with blind spots. Who ever knew this would actually happen.
oh and here is Glenn Beck clip from T.V show- great facts and realization of what printing too much money is going to do to our economy. Really interesting- and really funny of course.
And last but not least: Do you want to contact your government leaders and express your opinion? Find you Senator's information HERE
And the leaders in the House of Representatives are found HERE
Get involved! It is our way of honoring those men and founding fathers who fought for our freedom...when freedom was understood that is.