Friday, March 09, 2007

little light


Tonight while nursing Mckenzie (yes, I'm still nursing) she would reach up and touch my eye lashes. The softness of my lashes tickled her finger and she would just giggle and giggle. I know the last day to nurse her is soon approaching...and you know it makes me a little sad. It has been our little time together where everything in the world stops for a few moments and it is just me and her. I remember when she was first born and my nipples were scabby and bleeding from breastfeeding. Mckenzie wouldn't latch well and I basically would cry and scream when it was time to feed her. My mom's wise words, "trust me, it is worth the struggle, just trust me, anything worthwhile takes a battle at first" I wanted to believe her but at the same time I was ready to quit. I am so grateful I stuck it out...and as funny as it sounds, it causes little heartache to say goodbye to those little moments of cuddling skin to skin. But I have another baby coming August...so oh boy...

Kenzie is my little audience. Sometimes when I get in these passionate moods I will just tell her what is on my mind and over exaggerate the fluctuation in my voice. She will just listen to me and talk right back in her jibber jabber. Her eyes are so sincere that for a moment I feel that we are truly communicating.

I told her to pretend to be Paula Abdul while I try out for American Idol. We bought a play microphone the other day and well...we both take turns singing our hearts out. It can be mind boggling sometimes to grasp the concept that this little 15 month old girl has a mature spirit, stuck in a little body. She will teach me so much.

She is my light. I struggle sometimes with being home all day but to make it straight-It is never Mckenzie I struggle with. I know it is an inner battle that I deal with- It is how I deal with things, how I make choices, how I see things, my attitude- but anyone who has spent any time with Kenzie knows she is way too easy to love and be with. She is very entertaining to say the least. She is always laughing and giggling. She always flashes her huge smile at me and all I can do is look up to the heavens and say, "thank you Heavenly Father for sending me this positive little light into my life right now."

1 comment:

EDK said...

I love and miss this little girl so much. She really is a light unto the world and a joy to be around. I hope I get to see her soon!!!