Thursday, March 15, 2007

what in the heck?

We all wonder 'why' sometimes right? Well for Pete's sake -whoever the heck Pete is- why do yucky things happen to people continuously all week -day after day? Monday was a trip to the doctor's after 2 weeks of dealing with a horrible sinus infection. Then to top off the day, we find out later on that afternoon Chay didn't get the job he was a 100% sure he would get.

coughing, disappointment, earaches, discouraged, sore throat

Tuesday I pack all day and decide to go to the store and get a couple things for dinner. A quick decision to run to payless shoes and the dollar store before the grocery store fed the bad week beast. Somewhere between those two pointless stores I lost my dear wedding ring, yes my gorgeous unique wedding ring. I retraced my steps and literally ended up empty handed. Did I leave it at home? Did it fall off my finger? With a pounding heart and worried sick I finally made it to the grocery store. I was looking for hamburger buns but since my mind was only on my missing ring, I found myself walking up and down the baby aisle. Eventually I make it to the cashier and after ringing up a cart full of groceries I come to realize my debit card is missing from my wallet. What in the heck? Embarrassed I tell the cashier I can't buy the groceries. I drag Mckenzie out to the car. We ate rice and ketchup for dinner.

coughing, worried, tears, sore throat, disappointment, running nose, discouraged

Wednesday I wake up with hope of a miracle after coughing up a lung first. I tore apart the apartment even more than the night before. I went back to Payless and Dollar tree for the third time looking for my wedding ring. I gave out my name and number to all the surrounding stores. I came home and posted my lost on 2 huge community lost and found websites. My prayers were practically begging sessions. All day I would just say out loud "Oh please Father, help me find my ring" I was just sick inside. The only way I could handle the day was to pretend it never happened. That would last for maybe 5 minutes.

antibiotics kicking in, ache in heart, hopeful

Thursday, today, I wake up hearing myself tell Chay our lives are in God's hands and in the end it will all be ok. I figure it will all one day be a good story. I long for my ring. It looked so good on my hand. I'm vain I know. I decide to pay my bills and get back on track with life. I look for my check book. It is gone from its place. I can't find it anywhere. What in the heck? I am loosing my mind! Tears flow and I start to sob like a baby. I can't even believe this! I again search the entire apartment with a blank mind, no recollection of where it could possibly be. I finally call Chay and just start to cry. He tells me he is coming home. By the time he walks through the door, I had found my check book in the car. Chay was breathing hard and looked upset. He ran to the computer and just said in an irritated voice, "My debit cards were stolen on the bus" We deactivated everything. Call 911. Comes to find out his bus pass, 2 debit cards, and a $20 gift certificate were taken slyly from his wallet.

numb, angry, little cough, disappointed,
um...what in the heck?
better days please come our way

3 comments:

Calie said...

Holly cow April. What the heck? I agree thats all I can say...WHat the heck?
I love you and I am praying for you.

EDK said...

You really had a rotten week. Did you ever find your ring? I keep praying that the person who found it will be honest and get it back to you somehow. I love you guys!! Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

What do you say to that?
Emily