Friday, April 06, 2007

bye bye bountiful



We moved. After 4 years of apartment jumping, we finally graduated to first time home buyers. So as I packed, wrapped, stuffed, labeled, and made endless trips to the store, I reflected on the little yet busy town I have lived in the past year.

Everywhere you go, are, stand, drive, play, ect. in Bountiful-just look to the east and there is the sweetest reminder of God's perfect plan. The Lord's temple sits high on the mountain for all to see. You can't miss this beautiful edifice- it stares at you right in the face. I will see it when I'm driving home from shopping and I'll think..."am I doing what I should be doing? Were my purchases unnecessary? Oh how I need to go to the temple!" Either motivated out of guilt or gratitude, members of the church in Bountiful are blessed to be reminded daily of their great treasure, the temple- They are reminded the minute they walk outside their homes and look towards the mountains.

I will miss the Bountiful Temple-

Not once but twice I have been stuck in a rain storm or hail storm when out on walks with Kenzie. Not once but twice during these storms has someone stopped in their car and offered me a ride home. Sound a little scary?- oh not really- you've got to meet these people.

Well that is all I will miss to be frank. Oh and I will miss Chay being home at 6. He now commutes amost 2 hours at night on the bus. Pray he finds a transfer in Ogden!!

I have moved so much the past 10 years that I no longer get emotional or sad when I leave a ward, area, apartment- but I have decided to really open my heart to people this time around- I actually went on a walk and talked to 2 neighbors! I even went over and borrowed hand soap and a cutting board from my next door neighbors! Good job April.
New Chapter.

1 comment:

Calie said...

I love the Bountiful temple too. That was one of my most favorite temples to visit.

I am so excited for you to start this new chapter in your life. We love you so much.