Wednesday, March 26, 2008

20 march 2008

ok well let's write about Chay's birthday...so I'm a little late but who really cares...there is no due date in blogging...no time table, schedules to be met...the joys of blogging and the joys of my loving readers...

so we had fun...and we ate a cow. Let me explain. So first of all I decided to resurface some of those sweet anxious elementary school day feelings when you so patiently await at school for those promised cupcakes from mommy on your birthday- you know the feeling- So I made brownie cupcakes for Chay and his co-workers. I did not however bring hats but I did surprise him by driving into his work...and this alone is quite the symbol of my love for Chay- dragging Kenzie across downtown traffic, shoe getting caught in escalator, balancing cupcakes on the stroller with one hand...



Chay works with the nicest people...I mean most people are nice to me when I greet them with a pan of brownies but whatever the reason, I felt welcomed and had a great time once again seeing where Chay dwells the other half of his life...After some great and even greater conversations, Chay and I and the girls headed to Tara and Niels' house - our lifesaving babysitters (they made the night possible)- and with a quick thank you to them we headed out to the door to the Braza Grille...and this is where we ate a cow...let me explain. This is one restaurant where all meat lovers must gather to. Brazilian food at it's best, buffet, atmosphere, Portuguese being spoken everywhere, Chay and I kidless and enjoying every minute of it. -- We had so much fun stuffing our faces with their cheese bread balls "Pao de Quiejo", beans and rice and then of course servers came around every 3-4 minutes slicing off big pieces of steak in all its varieties, and chicken and pork of course. I couldn't believe how much meat I was eating- I know there was some major breaking the word of wisdom in all this eating, especially all that red meat- hello all things in moderation??? - but Chay and I just kept justifying it because we served our missions in Brasil and we had to use up that pricey meal ticket... all you buffet all you can eaters out there know exactly what I mean- I have been to Golden Corral with most of you...

So after dinner we talked to a Portuguese girl for an hour or so and then headed back to get the girls. Tara and Niels surprised Chay with a cake and Laser Quest guns. You should have seen Chay's eyes when he saw his new laser guns...you could see the once little boy in Chay coming right through...Chay and Niels ran around the house shooting each other. (oh side note- I was watching American Idol tonight and I noticed Chay's guns were sitting next to the TV. Well on the commercial break I decided to flip over to HGTV to see what was on and then all of the sudden I hear the "bang shew shew" of the guns. I flip back to American Idol and I noticed the gun gear that goes around your chest was going off like it had been hit "bang shew shew" it was so funny- so the remote control works on the same frequency as the laser guns...who knew? I was laughing so hard...can't wait to shoot Chay with the remote control instead of the gun)

I bought Chay a DVD -6th season of Scrubs....that show is really random- and I mostly love watching Chay watching it.

ok so there you go- Chay's birthday!

7 comments:

Marne said...

What a fun birthday. Happy Birthday Chay man!

Chay said...

I decided that I don't comment enough on my wife's blog. My birthday was awesome! Thanks honey for making it so memorable. We have been blessed with such great little girls and family. For those that know me....I might have turned 27 but I still like playing the 15-18 year old roles....I refuse to get old. Anyways...I love being married and I'm very lucky to have April.

The Wright Stuff said...

I could have totally eaten both of those pans of cupcakes! You are the best wife in the world. Chay's right... he is so lucky to have you.

Tami said...

How fun! Glad you ate a cow and lived! :) Sounds like you had a great night!

Niels said...

You forgot to mention that I (Niels) was a much superior marksmen. Chay would have died 12 times if those were real. I would have only died 3 times.

Calie said...

April I love how you write on your blog. I love reading your life. Sure makesmine sound dull though. Love you!

Laura said...

Beautiful Family April!!!!!