Monday, March 17, 2008

Kenzie threw-up all day. She has only been sick a few times and so it is so hard for me to see her lethargic, pale, unexpressive...

Finally after three episodes of puke going all over the floor and bed I decided not to leave her side for the rest of the day- this way I could run her to the toilet in time and save a big mess. I am so glad I was with her today. She was so weak. She held on to me tight and kept saying "night night" Now when do you ever hear a toddler wanting to go night night?

It was a very tender day. I would rub her head as she drifted off to sleep- only to be awoken a short minute later with stomach pains and a rush to the bathroom. She spent the day in our bed. We looked at pictures and sang songs...and even though there were a million things to do- everything stopped for Mckenzie and it was ok. I was grateful to not have any other responsibilities or places to be. I felt like I was doing the most powerful most productive thing in the world today and I didn't even have to get out my pajamas to do it! Today I loved being a mom.

5 comments:

Marne said...

Poor Kenzie. You guys finally got the sick bug too...and we didn't even give it to you!
You are a great mom, April! That is what our job is...to nurture, teach and love our kids...even when they are sick. Sounds like you had a memorable day!

Tara said...

So sad to hear that Kenzie got hit with the sick bug! Hopefully she is getting better. I talked to Chay last night and he mentioned she was perking up...

Calie said...

April Your a good mom. Kenzie and Julia are so lucky to have you as their mommmy. It is so easy to see your love for them. They are going to blossom under your love.

Tami said...

Poor little Kenzie! Ahh - it is so hard to see your kids hurt! It just breaks my heart. Hope she gets better soon - I don't like this bug going around!

Heather said...

Oh man, we have rules in our house about throw up...I absolutely do not allow it!!!!

But I have to admit, I kind of like it when my kids don't feel good and they will sit and snuggle with me. When they need you when they are sick, it is a good feeling!!! You are such a good mommy!!!