Monday, October 13, 2008

29

last year in the 20's...

Despite the 10 lbs I have gained being here in Spokane- (us Tomblin's have always been emotional eaters)- I still feel I am aging graciously...I mean I have some of those obvious signs that I'm not 18 anymore like those lovely wrinkles by the eyes- I have named one wrinkle "Jinkle" after Ju Ju because I swear it just popped out of nowhere right around the time Julia was born and I was staying up around the clock as she cried endlessly...so I blame Ju Ju for aging me 10 years...but so anyway...all in all I am grateful for me, for who I am, for my family, for my life, for my heritage, for my husband, my children, my gifts, my sense of humor, my personality, my children, my faith...so aging and turning 29- no big deal- all I can say is "bring it on"

happy birthday to me.

not exactly the best circumstances to be having a birthday...I told Mom last night "just don't die on my birthday whatever you do" and I don't think she will.

When my Mom was 29 she had already lived half her life here on earth. Doesn't that put things into perspective? These past 2 weeks have been a rough ride for me but Heavenly Father is still present, still blessing my life- I will probably write an entry about all the miracles that have happened during all of this- it is quite remarkable how the Lord promises peace during trials.

Perspective: I feel like my greatest gift for my birthday has been the gift of perspective. Mom's dying has shoved my life quickly into perspective overdrive. Life is so precious and I am discovering how I really do waste a lot of time on silly stupid things. Life really is all about relationships: serving, loving, forgiving, laughing, teaching, trying to improve ourselves so we can better understand others, becoming Christ-like so we can touch the lives of others, doing temple work for others beyond the veil, working hard so we can teach our children by example- it is all about lifting those around us and in the "miracle of meanwhile" we are being lifted ourselves as a benefit of our service. It is truly amazing how much happiness is available if we can gain a greater perspective of Heavenly Father's plan and how priceless life is...our life and especially the lives of others.

...to another great year...

11 comments:

Chay said...

Happy Birthday April. I wish that I were up there spending it with you. I think you've aged beautifully. I couldn't ask for a better best friend. Last night, I was looking at some wedding photos and wondered...."how did an ugly kid like me end up marrying this beautiful girl?" I believe in miracles.

Well, it's time for me to leave and go home....but....really don't want to. It's kinda sad when you would rather stay at work than go home huh?

I love you Apey and I'll so you soon.

Karen said...

happy birthday your family is in my thoughts and prayers

The Wright Stuff said...

Happy Birthday April! I love you so much! Thank you for your thoughts on 'perspective'. Heavenly Father truly wants us to be happy... even in the saddest of times... You are so wonderful and beautiful in every way! I am truly blessed to have you in my life! Let's go to the temple...

Marie said...

Happy Birthday, April.

Marne said...

Happy Birthday April! I hope you got the card I sent you up to your parents. You are such a blessing to my life....I hope you had a good day today.

JeffT said...

Happy birthday April! We love you lots and appreciate your spirit and strength.

Natalie Jane said...

Happy Birthday. Wishing you a lovely day with your mother.

Tara said...

Happy birthday yesterday!

Chay was at our house when we called and sang... so I felt like we had a mini birthday party. We'll have to have a birthday rerun and make it fun when you get back.

Stephanie said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy!! Even though I am older than you by less than a month, you totally surpass me spiritually in age...Hope it was as much as an enjoyable one it could be with your family.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday friend!!!!

Janna said...

Happy Birthday April!!! Yes, I always knew the man that got April would be pretty lucky. I really did. Sounds like he knows it. :) You are something else and I'm so glad to have you as a friend. Love ya!