Wednesday, October 29, 2008

things have changed

Can you believe what is happening at the Oakland Temple lately?

Here is a quote I grabbed from the San Fransisco Chronicle newspaper regarding the Mormons who support Proposition 8:

"...But the word marriage was sacred, pivotal to their concept of families, who can be "eternally united" in the afterlife. A key church document - "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" - says that "marriage between man and a woman is essential to His eternal plan." They also believe that children are entitled to be raised by a father and a mother. Those words speak for Michele Sundstrom, 47, of San Jose, who has been married for 18 years and has five children. She and her husband gave $30,000 to the Yes on 8 campaign and put a sign on their home. But in response, two women parked an SUV in front of their home, with the words "Bigots live here" painted on the windshield."



The church usually never pushes a political issue but this time we are asked to stand up for what is right- for what we believe in-I think we might be coming to the times when we will start to be persecuted more and more for what we believe...read what the prophet and the first presidency have to say click HERE

things have changed




“There is no other arrangement that meets the divine purposes of the Almighty. Man and woman are His creations. Their duality is His design. Their complementary relationships and functions are fundamental to His purposes. One is incomplete without the other.” President Gordon B. Hinckley

2 comments:

Tami said...

I can't believe how crazy things are getting in California. I've heard about the riots outside the temple and people going after those that have supported the proposition. So crazy!!!!

Calie said...

last days baby! they are here. We are living in them!

I miss you April. I hope all is going well. I just cried and cried when I read the post with all moms pictures. I thought I would be ok but it is still heart wrenching to see them and to see her so full of life. Thank you for sharing them online this way. I love you!