ok...I know some of you are not Glenn Beck fans or do you even have the time to be Glenn Beck fans if you wanted to be...and really we shouldn't have to be Glenn Beck fans because we shouldn't have to listen to someone remind us how off track the government has become since our country was founded. We should just live in a thriving republic as we pursuit our happiness...but you know and I know that isn't the case. (I hope you know)
Glenn Beck is not a republican or a democrat. Many people think he is this democrat basher who talks trash about one party. Basically he just talks trash about what is going wrong in any party and praises what is going good. But he mainly praises the individual and the power of "we the people" He is a patriot so to speak because he is literally passionate about fighting for the freedoms the founding fathers fought for. Mainstream media thinks Glenn is a wacky right winged weirdo- and yet all he stands for are the old ideas and principles the country was founded upon. He is smart and he knows his stuff and he could make any progressive look like an idiot- Not by his own ideas but by the powerful lessons learned from history. (I will admit that he tends to speak very loudly at times when trying to make a point and some don't appreciate his style and humor- but I grew up with loud talkers so it is like coming home for me)
OK OK OK OK please participate...please- this is going to be really cool.
Ok so a lot of us people out there believe we are out numbered. We watch what is going on in government and we are appalled by what decisions are being made without the voice of the people. We feel that no one cares about the constitution, morals, right and wrong- we fear socialism is near, government is gaining too much control, our children will be destitute with taxes because of the decisions of today, scientific theories are being pushed down our throats as facts, our banks are becoming nationalized, people don't believe capitalism works anymore (even though it has for the last 200+ years) and so we feel out numbered- like we are losing the fight- well Glenn Beck wants us people to feel that they are not out numbered and there are actually more of us than you think. ok so this is his plan....please read....don't get bored...please- if you aren't exactly interested- pretend you are just for a little while...
This is a transcript from Glenn's radio show- and he also said the same thing on his Fox News TV show:
GLENN: So I'm going to just ask you right now just to think of these things and just answer out loud. Just say to yourself yes or no. Yes or no. Is this who I am? Is this what I believe? Because I believe you and I agree on most of these.
1) Yes or no: Do you believe America is a good place, that we've lost our way over the years, that we have done bad things but generally speaking we tried hard. We try to make amends. We have tried to do the right thing. Just like everybody else, we fail from time to time and we have truly lost our way in the last 20 years. But gosh, if you look at America, she's good and our founders were good and our founding documents are good. We've just strayed too far away from them. Yes or no.
2) Yes or no: I believe in God. I may not go to the same church or synagogue or mosque as the majority of people in America, but I believe in God and he is the center of my life, and God does not tell people to behead others or to persecute others that see God in a different way. As long as that god is not telling them to persecute others.
3) Yes or no: It is my responsibility to try to be better and a more honest person than I was yesterday. Sometimes I fail, I'll make mistakes, but it's my main mission to be better than I was personally than I was yesterday.
4) Yes or no: The family is sacred. I and my spouse are the ultimate authority under God when it comes to my family. I raise my family, and that comes with a grave responsibility. If I fail, I answer to God.
5) Yes or no: If you break the law, you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6) Yes or no: I have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, but that is not a guarantee of equal results.
7) Yes or no: I work hard for what I have, and I will share it with others that I choose when I choose, should I choose. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8) It is not un-American for anyone to disagree with my opinion, but my opinion or others' opinions may be anti-American. Anti-American rhetoric would be anything that is destructive to the Constitution and our country as our founders understood it.
9) And the last one is the government works for me. The government answers to me. I do not answer to the government.
If you strongly believe in at least 7 out of the 9 principles listed above, then take pictures of you and your spouse and family (individually preferred) and email them to this address: Wesurroundthem@gmail.com
Glenn Beck will be airing a special program on his TV show in a couple weeks- so although it would probably be only a tenth of a second- you might have your photo on TV! This is his way of helping us have a voice. Because- we don't have Hollywood, we don't have the media, we don't run the schools, we don't have Oprah- but we have each other, morals, principles, and God- and even with the odds, this is enough...this is all we need to fight and to win.