Sunday, April 19, 2009

honestly

ok so I woke up this morning to find a man's "anatomy" drawn ever so nicely on my front porch.

Sidewalk chalk.

Blue sidewalk chalk,- big, bright blue, detailed- not missing a thing, the whole deal- the whole "stimulus" package. It was definitely "stimulated."

"Look Chay! Look Chay!" I was really mad and disgusted. "Look what some sicko drew on our porch!..I'm calling the police"

I did. They came out and took pictures. Asked questions like:

"Are you in any fights with neighbors?" no, our neighbors love us!

"Any teenagers?" no

"New to the neighborhood?" no

"prank calls?" no

"Any recent activity done outside the home that caused commotion?" Um...we planted fruit trees yesterday???...oh and Chay jack hammered cement in the backyard...you're not saying it could be the jack hammer that made someone want to draw a man's "specials" on my porch...

So yes...what a wonderful Sunday surprise...makes for a good story anyway.

7 comments:

Emily Taylor said...

April, are you sure Chay didn't do it? He seems like the type. The Chalk Bandit. I hear he's been hitting a lot of people's porches and sidewalks these days.

I actually can't believe you called the cops. I don't know that I would have even thought to do that. Not sure what I would have done.

Tami said...

That is disgusting! Maybe you were just a random house that was picked. Hopefully you won't see anymore sidewalk chalk pictures. I'm afraid what will be next....

Emily Taylor said...

I was just thinking...I bet they got your house by mistake. All the houses in your neighborhood look so much alike, it was probably meant for someone else. I can't imagine anyone hitting your house on purpose.

Calie said...

No way!!!! I am laughing so hard right now. That is so random! What the heck! I echo your word "honestly"!

Tiffani said...

Holy Cow! I love how you tell the story. I'm sure it was a random thing by some crazy teens.

Tara said...

Oh man. Not the kind of 'surprise' you ever want to have. Thanks for not posting pictures!

Dallmann's said...

That happened to us when we moved into our neighborhood. They didn't draw it on our porch but on the construction sign on our yard that was the guy who was working on our house. There was a little more than male business on there. I can't believe that people do these kind of things. I mean seriously, do they have nothing better to think about or do with their time.