Tuesday, October 06, 2020

some September 2020 memories

September 20 One thing I love about my kids is that they are kind to adults and they usually always say thank you. I noticed the other day we left a friend's house and each and every one of them said loud and happily "good bye!" I loved that. 

Sunday I spent most of the day helping Chay write up a packet of instructions of how the ward will worship during this whole Covid thing. We no longer live in Washington Terrace but Chay is still the bishop and so we want to give it our all until the very end. It's been an interesting time for our family as we shuffle this hard move and with Chay being bishop. 

Later that evening we helped clean up branches of a dear friend who lives in the Terrace. Her name is Melisa Russel and her son Matt and Kenzie have been friends since they were 4. A horrible windstorm came through the Terrace and even though we moved away from our dear  home of 13 years, I cried for 5 days after I found out that the tree our kids grew up with had fallen down. So so sad. 

After that we went to the church and printed out 300 copies of a packet to give to all new and old ward members. The ward boundaries changed last week and so the ward inherited a bunch of new members. Kenzie, Julia, Chay, and I all sat and stapled the packets together. 

September 28 The mornings and night are brisk and another season is changing. The leaves are slowly starting to turn. Tonight I played basketball is with Sam for a little bit. He made a few baskets and I told him he was sooo good and he said to me "yeah, but I won't ever play in the olympics" 

Tonight around the table I asked everyone how they saw God's hand in their lives. Julia mentioned she is grateful for all the new friends she is making at junior high. Samson said he wanted to be nice so he gave his captain chair to Xander. It was so sweet to hear that. Alice said she wants more Pokemon cards. 


The girls played volleyball with a neighbor girl named Melanie. They played in the backyard of our next door neighbors. They have a large back yard with no trees. Kenzie likes to teach. She would be a good teacher. She really has a wonderful side to her where she earnestly wants people to succeed. Sunday night Kenzie and Julia played volleyball in the cul de sac. I loved looking out the window and seeing them play together. 

Alice told me I was the worst mother ever today in the car. We got home and about 20 minutes later she comes upstairs with full blown tears- telling me that she is so sorry. It was such a tender moment for her to humble herself and to feel bad for being hurtful. It made my heart melt. 

The house is full of chaos- all loud voices wanting to be heard. Little quarrels turning into big quarrels sometimes into full blown fights with mean words being exchanged. Julia and Kenzie have really become amazing young women- gorgeous and confident but man they can be beasts. It is always unpredictable when they are home- never quite sure what explosion is lurking around the corner.  I hope they read this when they are older and maybe feel a tiny bit of remorse for the heartache they caused from time to time. But I will always love them. I pray for them in my heart all day long. 

I have much to say about the covid corona whatever virus. But I don't want to right now. I just know I loved having my children all come home from school in March and it turned out to be really magical for our family A lot of playing outside. Our worlds didn't change all that much compared to some. I seemed more busy than ever and yet not so busy since everything stopped. 

September 29 Happy Birthday Mom! You left the earth 12 years ago dying right after your 59th birthday and right after my 29th birthday. 

This morning after I dropped off the kids at school, I came home and Sam and I got into my bed. He was cold and so we snuggled together. I am homeschooling Sam this year mainly because I wanted to spend more time with him. It has been so good for the most part. Together Sam and I read a book together and it was pretty much heaven being with him, hearing him read- then our cat Bruxa jumped on our bed and Sam said, "If you were a cat mom, you would be Bruxa" I asked him why and he said, "because she is so pretty" melted my heart. 

Sam the other day when he thought no one was listening "The first thing I'm going to buy as an adult is a pizza." 




No comments: