Tuesday, May 22, 2007

my first

I kept a journal of Mckenzie's first year in her baby book but now I ran out of pages. I need to get this down for the record somewhere and I thought, "I will just blog it- family members will just love it!" So here you go.

charts: 33 inches tall, 32 lbs- 95% for height, 70% for weight




Every moment is blown out of proportion, every new skill is bragged about to grandparents, every night either Chay or I or the both of us take a peek at her sleeping- it is all apart of the first child syndrome I am sure. I just get so giggly inside when she wakes up in the morning with her hair all over the place. She takes me right back to childhood so many times during the day, I find myself being goofy just to make her laugh, drawing hearts and stars, and hide and go seek is ever so fun.

Kenzie is 17 months now. She can say "baby" "Da da" (daddy), "uh oh" "cheese" "ball" "hi" and wave -and many more words that only I can understand- She watches me make a bottle for her cousin Gage and I always count out loud the number of each scoop of formula. Yesterday I finished off a can of formula and gave her the can, lid and scoop to play with. She took the scoop and counted "rum, roo, ree" It was so adorable -but for the most part she just rambles and rambles all day. I better prove myself to be a good listener because I have a feeling she will be a talker.

You can say "Let's sing" to her and she will start to sing. She absolutely loves Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. She will fold her arms when we pray. She loves to say "amen" when the prayer is done although it doesn't sound like amen at all. She will put her finger up to her mouth and say "shhhhh" when I tell her it is time to be quiet. Whenever she sees our 4 wheeler or another one she always makes the sound "vrrrrrrrroom" She is a big tease. She loves to pretend to give you something only to fake you out and start running the other way giggling. She always wants to play "I'm going to get you" Oh my she giggles so much.

She is fascinated with screwdrivers and screws. Nothing keeps her busier. She takes a screwdriver all over the house and sticks it in every hole with a screw. She loves the computer or would love it- we don't let her touch it which almost always results in a tantrum.

She loves to eat. She likes lettuce? Weird. One of her and mine favorite foods is peas and salted sunflower seeds. She gobbles up avocados. She isn't a big fruit lover however. I can't get her to eat canned peaches or pears and she will only take a bight of a banana here and there. I can never fail at lunch if I make bean burritos with cheese in the microwave- easy easy- She loves soy milk and oatmeal. I gave her grape nuts for a week straight for breakfast and I will never do that again-she was pooping 3-4 times a day.

Mckenzie is so loving and cuddly. She is full of hugs and kisses. She took turns on Sunday during sacrament kissing Chay and I on the cheek. She loves touch. She loves to cuddle. She will look at me right in the eyes and start brushing my face. She rubs my arms and hair when I rock with her.



Ok- well sugar and spice and everything nice? Um...she is a nightmare too. Hence the video. She is demanding and when she doesn't get her way- she will throw herself on the floor and roll around. I just ignore her unless she starts being destructive to the house. For some reason she isn't adjusting to the new house very well and ever since the move she refuses to go to sleep on her own. She wakes up at 3 in the morning screaming bloody murder. We try to ignore it for awhile but since our walls are paper thin we give up and rescue her- caring more for the sleepless moment than the scary outcome of this bad habit. Once I get the strength both physically and emotionally I will probably let her cry it out...not fun. But all in all she wins our hearts over by morning time- especially Chay who only sees her an hour a day- he loves cuddling up to Kenzie in the early morning hours.

Capturing every moment...of our first- she will grow up so fast.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

April!! How did you get a youtube video on there.. that is awesome. I loved this entry and I cant wait to see you !!

EDK said...

Thank you for posting these videos and your comments. I feel like I am right there!!! I will be soon...can't wait!!! I love you guys!! Love, MOM

Marne said...

Cool April, how did you do the You Tube video? Really cute...Kenzie and Lacy are so much alike! Their pouting is identical! Chad laughed...he likes to see other kids throw tantrums besides his own... :)

Calie said...

April they do grow up so fast. Enjoy all those firsts. It is so rewarding. Love you!

Anonymous said...

That is SO AWESOME!!! LOL I loved hearing your voice!!! You have the most adorable daughter! Her personality is priceless! LOL Love, Jaynee

Anonymous said...

Lol! send that to funniest home videos ! lol, "she didn't want the laptop, she wanted the video camrea =)" i wish i had sound ! --------taylor

Unknown said...

What an enjoyable time to looking through to this post thanks for sharing and just keep up the good work.

Military Challenge Coins