Sunday, May 20, 2007

dad

Do you want a taste of how much my dad loves my mom? Visit Joette's blog entry "true love" http://www.whereverfinemusic.blogspot.com/

My dad is turning 64 this Tuesday. He is a man of many colors which always makes and made home life interesting. He has caused me a great deal of contemplating and discovery over the years as I have tried to understand him.

So we argue here and there but it is only because we are so very much alike.
Compassion for myself has led me to have compassion for him. I see a whole new person now in my dad. I can see his heart, his childhood, his love for his family, his aches and pains- and it has caused an unraveling of bitterness in me and now I just see how lovely of a person he is.

He is my hero. He takes care of his family like a father and husband should. I miss my dad.

No comments: