Monday, May 18, 2009

can't believe it



I'm sure there are a lot of April Clarks out there who are finally getting their GED...but this sign belongs to a convenient store that so happens to be about a quarter mile or less from my house- and is at the central of our ward boundaries. The store is basically at the crossroads, the point of reference, mile marker, landmark whatever of the little city/town I live in. You have to pass the Terrace Depot at least twice a day if you live here...

I think they rent out the sign or let people put random messages up there- because I have seen a bunch of "Welcome Home Elder so in so" or "So in So is the best visiting teacher" (Definitely a 'You know you're in Utah when...' moment)- I have seen "congrats to graduates" or "welcome the new baby"- the Terrace Depot sign usually always says something kind of off beat, nothing related to the store, but mostly community announcement type stuff. Today however I wished the sign would say "Bean Burritos $.49 each"

-and for the record Scott, I have my bachelors. almost 30 years old and just getting my GED...this is funny...too funny. If you did this...oh just wait...

5 comments:

Heather said...

that's pretty funny April. One of my friend's never cared about announcing her 6th pregnancy but her friend wanted everyone to know so she asked permission to spread the news - only she made a huge sign to post on a bridge that everyone in the town drove by. At least that news was true though. Funny stuff.

Emily Taylor said...

Oh my gosh April. That made me laugh so hard. That was so awesome. I am so proud of you. I will send a graduation gift right away.

Megan Potter said...

that's pretty funny. there must be someone else named april clark, but what are the odds.
i tried to comment on your other post about the Red house furnature..but it wouldn't let me anyway prolly just my internet but it was so funny. I admit i had to giggle. i love how in the end they awknowledged hispanics too and all other people.
ja ja!
love megan

Delia D'Nell said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! Getting your GED is a big accomplishment!

Elissa said...

I laughed so hard. I have a picture of it too....walked down there 10:00 sunday night. Congrats! At least the family is proud.