Monday, May 11, 2009

maybe she's right

quotes from the mommies in my life: Some of these quotes are not specifically "their" quotes, but they can definitely claim them as part of their legacy...

These quotes I seem to always remember...and seem to be right at the tip of my tongue when certain life's situations find me:

"Never expect anything and you'll always be pleasantly surprised." ~Mom

"The best way is right away" Bev, mother in law

"The only way a girl can get clean in the shower is to have her stand on her head." ~ Grandma Tomblin

"If you are prepared, ye shall not fear." Bev, mother in law

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink." ~Mom

"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh." Marjorie Hinckley (a huge mother figure in my mind)

"If a woman would only learn to give her husband 5 minutes every night, she would find herself very happily married." Grandma Clark (Chay's Grandma)

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take...but by the moments that take our breath away." ~other Mother in Law (Chay's step mom) Luanne

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." Mother Theresa

"The squeaky wheel gets the grease." Bev, mother in law

"I choose to live. Life is short...fill your days with family and service." ~Mom's words from blog- 8 months before she passed away.


Happy Mother's Day yesterday.

No comments: