Thursday, January 28, 2010

mommyhood


I like potty teaching.

A lot of moms do not. Emily from church said her Hell would be potty training for eternity.

I sort of like the challenge. It gets me kind of excited. I think I am good at it.

"Let's hear the poop plop Ju Ju! Let's hear the plop! Music to my ears! I love seeing your poop and pee in the toilet!"

But I am horrible at other "mother" things. I can't let a baby cry at night. My babies are not the best sleepers because of it. I can't seem to wing Ju-Ju from the Binki. She just loves that thing so much at night time...I don't have the heart yet to give it to the Binki Fairy just yet. I am weak...and lazy. I love how nicely she goes to sleep every night with it...

But potty teaching I have handled pretty well so far. I have some great techniques that I think work well. 2 for 2. I think it is all about the preparation and persistence that seems to make it a good experience. But I have heard boys can be a nightmare to potty teach. I may just hate potty training if I ever have a boy.

Julia has been diaper free for 2 weeks now. She is a little champ. She had to be pushed a little at first and then she decided all on her own one day she didn't want to wear diapers. That made it easy! Maybe I shouldn't take any credit for her...but again she was a horrible baby so maybe mercy is kicking in.

I've been practicing my song on the piano...slow moving but coming along. I can't seem to play the top hand and bottom hand together very well...that could be a problem- but it will come...oh what a beautiful song.



Julia was wide awake in her crib when I got home from the club last night. She heard me walk in and she yelled, "Mommy yrrrr home!" We stayed up until 11 just talking and singing every disney song. She always asks me to sing for her. She slept with us and when I woke up later, Kenzie was in bed with us too! LOL...oh dear. Including my abnormally premature big belly that is 5 on a queen bed. For some reason I wasn't all too bugged...because normally I would be. But it felt good to be together for about 10 minutes...and then I got bugged...the "togetherness" didn't last long but it was nice while it did.



...had an ultrasound the other day...I finally decided to go to the doctor. I have an amazing midwife who I already love. Mother of 7. She will be perfect for the birth...

so the ultrasound was amazing and made these past 3 months of hell so so worth it. There the baby was- swimming around alive big and healthy- the girls were with me and they sat so still and intrigued as they watched the TV screen. My midwife says that it is 95% BOY! ...she was pretty sure she saw "boyhood" but the umbilical cord was sitting close...Chay later said, "it was not an umbilical cord."



grateful to be a mommy today...

10 comments:

Julander Family said...

Come on over to my house! I'll let you potty train Dallin! I would be so happy to never have to look at pee and poo again...period! Did you end up going to Kathy at circle of life? She's so great! Don't you love the 3D ultrasounds too! So fun! I hope you have a boy, so exciting to experience something new! Are you feeling better now? I wish I were!

Marne said...

Lacy was no different to potty train for me than the boys. They all did it around age 3, Logan was longer at 3 1/2. Lacy is extremely stubborn and I had to wait until she was ready. I do hate potty training. I think with Abby I will wait too...until she is ready. I don't like coaxing. I would rather change a diaper.

Awesome on the ultrasound! Hopefully she is correct!

Tami said...

I love the pic of JuJu on the toilet - precious! And a BOY - HOLY COW?!! Awesome! I bet Chay is just beaming that there is a little Chayman going to join the family.

Tara said...

Congratulations on the boy (or if it ends up being a girl, congrats too)! Way to go with the potty training - ultra pro! We are not consistent over here... so we have a few good days and then revert back to Gage refusing to get near the potty. Hopefully when he is home more it will be easier.

Thanks again for meeting us tonight - was fun to see you guys. I don't think I'd seen you since New Years!

Whitnie said...

Yeah for a boy! When we were told that AJ was a boy, he was so excited to have a missionary. I guess AJ better serve a mission now.
Congrats on potty training as well. My kids seem to do well for a couple weeks then I get lazy thinking they're good and the accidents begin. Good Luck, you're awesome.

Tiffani said...

Love the ultrasound picture - it's now real!

Dave and Abby said...

What an incredible photo! The ultrasound I mean. Oh my gosh that is amazing detail!
Abby (Nordstrom)

The Wright Stuff said...

YAY!!! So exciting!!!! Boys are seriously so fun!!!!

Good for Julia to be potty trained! On Hudson's 3rd bday we took him to Red Robin and he went in the corner while we were eating to "take care of business". I had enough! The next day we tried potty training again (we had tried over the summer and he wasn't really getting it), and he did awesome! I think as long as it's their decision, then potty training is a cinch! He's done awesome since that day! I'm soo excited! We've been diaper free since January 12th!!! (And we will have a 'diaper free' house for 4 more weeks!) Woo hooooo!!!

Calie said...

Wow April a boy!!! Congrats to you and Chay. Love you all!

Hollie said...

Congrats on the boy, that is so exciting. Boys are so different & fun! Urban drives me crazy sometimes but he is seriously such a special soul.

I may need to get some potty training tips from you. Addison was pretty easy, but she's pretty easy with everything. I'm worried about potty training Urban and I've really got to get started. I'm so sick of changing 2 kids' diapers.

I'm with you on not letting babies cry. I know it doesn't hurt them but I just CANNOT bring myself to do it. My babies don't sleep either because it breaks my heart to let them cry it out. Some would say that makes me a bad mom...oh well, what do you do?