Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Cinderella


I can deal with Cinderella pretty well.

My girls are fascinated with her. For that very reason I refuse to buy any Disney movies. But Kenzie is smart...too smart...her wheels are always turning. One day she said, "YouTube will play Cinderella right?"

Yes, you can watch Cinderella on YouTube. In 9 minute segments.

What is it with little girls and princesses? Disney is a mastermind I swear.

Reasons why I can handle Cinderella pretty well:

My girls beg to help me clean the kitchen floor so they can sing "Sing Sweet Nightingale"



Cinderella is dressed pretty decent and modest I'd say.



Cinderella's stepmother reminds me of my piano teacher when I was 5...and also my mean 2nd grade teacher.



I am totally inspired by Cinderella's color choice of work clothes. Who doesn't love brown and blue together?



My girls know "Lucifer" means bad bad bad...and he's always out to get you.



I often get requests to sing "No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, a dream that your wish will come true" I'd say those are pretty positive lyrics.



And when Cinderella Barbie loses a glass slipper somewhere in the big toy box, there is always an easy explanation to the girls why it must be missing. She is the only princess barbie allowed to be missing a shoe in this house.



so this is love...hmmmm hmmmm

4 comments:

Tara said...

Yes - good movie. Any brainwashing to make work fun is totally ok by me :)

Emily Taylor said...

I think that is the best reason for liking Cinderella I have ever heard. So what do you do when they start to like Ariel?

The Wright Stuff said...

LOL!!!! I'd have to say this is one of my favorite "funny" posts of yours!

Elissa said...

haha...I love it. All good reasons to like cinderella. As opposed to Little Mermaid, which promotes junk collecting, immodest clothes, talking back to your parents and deciding it's okay to get married when your 16.