Friday, March 05, 2010

snow and more snow

This is what we woke up to this morning...and it is still snowing and snowing...and I think I'm about to go crazy. I took this picture 1/2 hour ago. There is a couple more inches now. I think I've had enough. Where am I? What is this place? My sister told me yesterday that it has been 65 degrees all week up where I'm from- and that is 700 miles north from here! On days like these I irrationally start planning a way to get us to move home. I miss home. I miss Spring.

ok let's try to be grateful...the snow is sort of pretty...and the mountains here are absolutely breathtaking. I am thankful for the moisture...and to all those avid skiers and snowboarders who come from all over and jam up the airport from November to April- have at it. Welcome to Utah.

4 comments:

Kiley said...

The weather has been nice lately but last winter was the complete opposite... I hadn't seen that much snow since I was little around here. It was fun to finally have a good dose, but it felt like Spring took forever to make an appearance. Spokane can be so unpredictable... Hope your March goes 'out like a lamb!' AND a huge congrats on your pending arrival! So happy for you!

Lindsay said...

Last year winter seemed to last forever... so I try to not get my hopes up! As much as I hate to admit it, I think there will be a few more snowy days in the near future =(

Megan Potter said...

Yeah. I woke up to the same thing. I was so baffled yesterday when in the morning it was sunny and Spring, and then by afternoon and today, WINTER is back!??? I really thought yesterday when it started, that it would for sure melt off soon, but it just keeps snowing! We prolly have 6 inches at least here! OK so maybe we should go sledding and make lemonade out of lemons.

Marne said...

holy cow! it's 60 degrees here. Spring in full force. We hardly had any snow this winter. My kids really miss it.