Monday, December 20, 2010

my sexy veins part II



Tomorrow is the day I go in to have my veins fixed.

I have had so many people ask me questions and I wish I could be more elaborate and explanatory...but really I am sort of full of questions myself.

All I know is that some interventional "I fix veins" Doctor told me that my blood is not draining properly in my right jugular vein from the results of an ultrasound and that he can perform a type of Angioplasty on my vein to improve blood flow. He was clear to let me know that this procedure is VERY NEW and is still being researched. He did not promise me amazing results from my MS although many MS patients have seen huge improvements in their condition...tricky. I hate it when Doctors are tricky. JUST HEAL ME DANG IT!!!

But honestly the Doctor was so incredibly nice and sincere. But at the same time I left the Dr.'s office feeling that I was involved in something very new. The Dr. did tell me there would be a trial in February of this year but nothing was set in stone as of yet. I would wait until February to be involved with the trial but it is unclear if the trial would be paid for and we have already met our deductible this year on health insurance so...AND I have a feeling that if I don't ACT now there could be a huge waiting list in the upcoming year. As of right now, there are only 2 Doctors in Utah that are performing the angioplasty on veins for MS. My Doctor told me there are 4 more Doctors in Utah being trained and certified who will start taking MS patients very soon. I do not know their names.

Dr. Hatch and Dr. Black are the team doctors that are working with me- I can't remember who will be doing the actual procedure tomorrow- one of them. They work together.

Dr. Hatch
Dr. Black
Phone# (801)701-5681

Utah Valley Interventional Associates
1055 North 300 West Ste 308
Provo, Utah 84604

For records: How is my health TODAY: December 20th

TIRED!!!Is it because I stayed up until 1 this morning sewing Christmas stockings and watching Inception? That movie is a TRIP.

Ok for reals, I am generally always always tired. Weak...low energy and such. Mornings are a major struggle. On certain days the stairs are a struggle. By nature I am very energetic so this has been devastating the last 6 years.

Pain: stiff- out of control stiffness. My joints are on FIRE when I first get up from sitting or sleeping. After walking around for a couple minutes I feel fine-I have headaches often too- ironically my headaches start where my jugular veins are supposedly blocked. Coincidence? Who knows.

Foggy brain. I have a hard time figuring out how to control thinking patterns- priorities get jumbled- like I forget what to do first- so sometimes I will find myself making breakfast in my bra. I kid you not. But it's not like I don't know that I am in my bra- I just sort of giggle and I am completely aware I just get jumbled- that doesn't happen very often...but it sort of scares me when it does. FORGETFUL. SHORT TERM IS HORRIBLE.

Other foggy brain symptoms are feeling the emotion without figuring out the problem. I will feel really sad, anxious, mad or worried about something and I will have to literally file through the vaults in my brain until I find the problem that is causing the emotion. Again, only once in a while. Don't worry, If I tell you, "I love you" I usually mean it :) Luckily the emotion of loving someone is one I haven't had to search for the reason in my head. Wow- I think the movie Inception is influencing my writing today. I feel like I could write a catchy novel about my brain problems.

Twitches flutters in my left side when I run or do any type of hard cardio. By the third day of trying to exercise I get all funky on my left side and I experience weird pain in my left arm and leg. At night my left leg will keep me awake and then I cry- feel sorry for myself- a normal routine. I just want to RUN for crying out loud.

Dizziness- no equilibrium- I couldn't walk for about 10 minutes after Space Mountain. But it was sure worth it.

um I haven't had any major exacerbations lately- but I've had a few where I have lost function of my left side out of acute weakness- and I have been super numb in crazy places- close friends know about those crazy places :)


blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

here's hoping for some help! I will keep y'all updated!

2 comments:

Hollie said...

I've been thinking about you a lot lately. I sure hope everything goes well and you get some relief. I'm excited to see what happens. Please call if you need anything at all. I know you won't, but at least know that you can...always! Keep us posted.

Levi and Cynthia Wilde said...

Good luck! I hope and pray that all goes well for you!! Like Hollie said ...please call if you need anything! I'm more than willing and happy to help!