Monday, October 03, 2011

spiritually fed

This weekend I was spiritually fed. I was reminded of God's love for me and for my dear almost always sweet family. We watched General Conference as a family.

I feel peaceful. Calm. Comfort. Assurance. Loved. Safe.

We were directed to keep believing, keep trusting, and keep relying on God despite the trials, the heartaches, the evil in the world, and the loneliness that find us too often in this life journey.

The great feelings I felt during the conference were that of truth.

I belong to something great.
I know God will take care of His people.
The Savior LIVES. He is present in our lives.
God the Father lives.
Satan wants to destroy families
The heavens are not CLOSED.
God talks to man. Just like he talked to Moses, Noah, Samuel, Peter, Paul. He still calls prophets to lead and direct his people. Why wouldn't he in these last days before Christ's second coming? Why would he close the heavens and let us feign for ourselves? He never did in biblical times. He wouldn't today. He wouldn't. He doesn't.

This I know.



Mom always loved conference. She loved the choir. When the choir sang this song at conference I couldn't help but tear up knowing Mom would have teared up if she were still here and knowing Joette, 800 miles away, probably was tearing up at the same time. Families are FOREVER.



So besides the challenge of watching 8 hours of conference with a 5, 4, and 1 year old, we still did pretty awesome as a family. My girls could sense the importance of the weekend and they listened better than I thought. Xander? Thank goodness for NAP TIME.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my did I ever cry... I love that you posted this. I absolutely loved hearing this song and knew that mom was listening to with a love and passion that she has so strongly for this choir. I was alone all through conference and I still stood and sang during all the congregational hymns. I sang loud too!!!

Love you April

ALIANSI-MAHASISWA-PAPUA(AMP) said...

THANKS FOR YOUR POSTED AND I READ MORE THAN ONE TIMES TILL FINIS

ALIANSI-MAHASISWA-PAPUA(AMP) said...

THANKS FOR YOUR POSTED AND I READ MORE THAN ONE TIMES TILL FINIS