Sunday, January 01, 2012

The road less traveled

Pinned Image


Saturday morning I could hardly get out of bed. Once I finally did every joint in my body was on fire. My eyes were swollen and I couldn't get my wedding ring on my finger. I was slow moving. I was experiencing my 5th yeast infection in the last 4 months. My head pounded. I knew I had to get out of bed and get on with the day. Luckily we were visiting Chay's mom's house and I could relax a little with being a Mom. I didn't get out of bed until 10:30. I could have slept another 4 hours easily.

About 2 months ago my joint pain returned with a vengeance. My left and right jugular veins have started to hurt and I can feel blood pumping through them. I have also had quite a few dizzy spells.

I do all I can to just ignore it. I think my veins might be closing up again??? I don't know. I still feel stronger and more energetic than I used to feel...and like always, I go forward with HOPE.

Funny thing, about 2 months ago before MS symptoms started sneaking back into my life, I wrote a big blog post titled "I'm a walking miracle". In this post I went off about how great I feel and how I feel "healed" from MS and feel like a whole new person. I am glad I didn't click "publish".

Well what do you know...

Day one: Today I ate broccoli, some almonds, red bell peppers, celery and my green drink and some supplements...and I have sworn off sugar. Sugar, man what a swear word. Get the "sugar" out of here.

As hard as it is and I'm sure I will fail at some point, but I will just try again...I have to take the road less traveled when it comes to what I put in my body and in the end, it will have made all the difference. :)

just listen April! Keep listening. Listen to what the Spirit has told you. Don't get upset if you fail but just keep trying April!!!

It is late, but just one day and I feel already optimistic about my health...and yes I still hurt, but it's all uphill from here on out and...that's a good thing. Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

But trust me, I do feel like this quite often:





 **write tomorrow about other gifts to the Savior.




1 comment:

Tiffani said...

I haven't been keeping up with reading blogs lately. I didn't know you were feeling yucky. I hope your healthy diet helps turn things around!