Wednesday, May 16, 2007

pregnant

ok nothing is worse when you tip the scale at 172 and you still have 2 1/2 months left of weight gain- oh good! This pregnancy has been so different from my first.

I am to say the least very squishy to the touch. Softness is a kinder way of putting it- ghetto booty, thunder thighs, relief society arms- you name it- I claim it. I am sure it is beautiful in some special mothery way but I just feel so...um...fat? It isn't the best feeling to feel when summer requires less clothing and plus it seems like this is the season to get in shape- everyone I know is on some kick to lose weight- hello? not fair? give me a twinkie please-

No honestly I eat fairly well and I feel that I am super busy with the new house, yard work, chasing Mckenzie, bike rides- but "mother" nature is taking its course on me and I just feel like complaining. I can't wait to have this little baby and to somehow get my body back. Does anyone know how I feel?

Pants are tight, shirts too small, ankles swollen, uncomfortable in bed- I need to start a business designing maternity clothes. It is so hard to find a shirt that is half way cute that doesn't have a v-neck all the way to your cleavage. Most summer maternity shirts are sleeveless or almost sleeveless- the pants never fit right- my butt always peeks when I bend over or get in the car- plus maternity clothes are never on sale. Oh the beauty of it all-

So I complain...in hopes it will make me feel better- which it doesn't- but then again nothing compares to feeling a little one inside kicking and reminding me of the precious life I am helping to create- so bittersweet this whole co-creator thing.

3 comments:

Marne said...

Oh April, if anyone knows how you feel it is me! Just wait until your third pregnancy...it gets worse! LOL I swear my body will never be the same again. My boobs still haven't shrunk from when I stopped nursing Lacy. I swear they are the fat holder now. Ahhhh what our bodies go through! I feel for ya!! :) Plus, it is worse in the summer when it is hot....

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! Just remember that it's not your normal body size and there is a GREAT reward for all your hard work, changing body, weight rollercoaster. It's not fun wearing prego clothes or even buying them if for short term!

Calie said...

April all will be well. I know you know that but sometimes its fun to hear it...isnt it?
Hang in there and know that you are loved!