Sunday, May 13, 2007

i am a mother

I want to write my thoughts on motherhood today. Sometimes moms get a little discouraged on Mother's day-a little bit of inadequacy sneaks in between the flowers and cards. Today however was more of a peaceful day and another answer to prayer.

I am starting to really truly see and believe in the power of being a Mother in these last days. The Lord is really blessing me with wonderful insight on who I am. Each woman individually has to experience her own sense of belonging in the Kingdom of God before she can claim to be pro mom, pro staying home all day, pro diapers and sleepless nights- I think Heavenly Father is so merciful as He allows me to see precept upon precept my worth. We all hear endlessly how wonderful mothers are, our divine calling...but I tell you it is a personal journey to accept and believe what you hear.

I am a mother. I know in the end I will have chosen the greatest path. The world convinces us otherwise and it is so easy to believe there is something out there greater- more fulfilling- but what can it possibly be? What is greater than a soul? As mothers we are taking care of Heavenly Father's children- His work and His glory- Isn't that amazing? A little overwhelming- but still it really puts things into perspective.

You can pray for anything right? Well I discovered that my bitterness towards staying home while Chay lives a functioning social and intellectual life wasn't getting me anywhere. It made things worse. I was dwelling too much on how unfair I had it. I believed enough that God could help. Slowly things are starting to make sense and being a Mom isn't so bad once I started to believe how important I am in God's plan. Kenzie is so funny. I babysit little Gage and oh my...what a piece of heaven in our home. Babies are so innocent and perfect it takes my breath away sometimes. The baby inside me kicking like crazy will be so brand new and fresh from Heavenly Father's presence...it is just amazing how much Heavenly Father trusts us!

So my little testimony of motherhood is growing each day. I thank Heavenly Father for being patient and loving me regardless. There is so much joy to experience once we just let go of whatever prideful thing we are holding on to-

Happy Mother's Day.

2 comments:

Marne said...

Well said April! :) Happy Mother's Day to you.

EDK said...

Thank you for the beautiful card/letter I got in the mail yesterday, April. And I thank God every day that I am your mother. What a blessing you are in my life. I love you!! Love, MOM. Mom upside down spells WOW!