Tuesday, August 14, 2007

julia




Ok well she is here. Little Julia. Chay already calls her his jewels...which she is.
I arrived at the hospital around 4:30 Tuesday morning. My contractions were hard but spaced far apart which convinced me I wasn't very far along in labor. The nurse was quite surprised to find me dilated to an 8. After pacing the room a hundred times I decided to take advantage of the hot tub in the room. It was the best thing ever! No wonder they say water is nature's epidural. The midwife would put pressure on my back during each contraction- then she taught Chay how to do it. It was the best relief. After I got out of the hot tub, I had about 45 minutes of painful painful contractions and in 2 pushes Julia arrived. Oh what an amazing feeling to feel her pass through my body. In just 2 seconds the pain was gone. My eyes filled with tears. They placed her in my arms immediately after she was born. She was covered in blood. All I could say, "my baby, my little baby" They cleaned her, Chay cut the cord, sucked out her nose and mouth all while I held her. I couldn't believe her dark hair- so much of it. Our new little daughter so fresh from Heavenly Father...

Julia Kaye Clark is 20 1/2 inches long, weighed 8 lbs 3 oz and arrived to earth at 7:22 am August 8th 2007. Her middle name is my mom's middle name- in honor of Julia's strong faithful grandmother, Edie Kaye.

Postpartum is probably worse than natural child birth in its many different aspects- healing, breastfeeding, no sleep- but I don't feel like talking about that now...maybe later. But Julia is beautiful- she is peaceful, small, perfect- the spirit is strong in our home despite our little gruffs from being so entirely wasted.

Enjoy the small movie- it is kind of long- but I figured family members would just love it.







holding two



my new sister



4 comments:

Delia D'Nell said...

April, she is adorable! I have been bugging Chay about showing us more pictures. Thank you for sharing! I love that in the video she has spikey hair just like her dad!

Calie said...

What beautiful pictures! I love the one where Kinzie is kissing her. That just melted my heart right there! Congrats on a kob well done.

Marne said...

April I have been anxiously checking your blog for an update! I'm so impressed...your 2nd time around was much easier, huh! Julia is adorable..I love her name. Julia Kaye...perfect! I can't wait to see her. I hope you recover well! I will call you next week! Love you!

Unknown said...

Excellent photography CHAPRIL!! Very nice.. April that video was absolutley breath taking.. you have always had a calming touch about you..