Monday, May 26, 2008

sunday highlight

ok- I really don't know how to process this- it took me a little off guard. I was sitting next to Elissa at church- Sacrament meeting was just about to start and I was of course browsing the ward bulletin- and you know-- some people just really love their callings.... As I skimmed through the agenda seeing who would speak, I noticed a quote at the bottom of the page. Now you would think a quote found in the ward bulletin would be spiritual and/or from a prophet or apostle- oh no, it was from Mariah Carey...yes it was...and this is what it read:

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff." ~Mariah Carey

you got to love ward bulletin humor- This is so random to me! Is this just crazy to anybody else?...I think I will take a picture-



If anybody can relate this quote to the gospel I will buy Mariah's new CD for them...ok probably not but that would be funny if I did.

10 comments:

Tara said...

Holy cow! I was only allowed to use quotes from apostles and other church leaders. Someone is waaaaaaaaay out there!

Unknown said...

it sounds like someone is oh oh oh vanishing... drifting so far away....

its sounds like if they could recapture all of the ward memories and bring them to life in the ward bulletin surely they would...

haha

Emily Taylor said...

OH MY GOSH. I have nothing to say to that. I bet it is a test to see if anyone is actually reading the ward bulletin.

Anonymous said...

I did it. I put that in the bulletin. Ha ha ha.

Heather said...

Thats a good way to get fired from a calling, gunna have to remember that lol haaaaaaa

Delia D'Nell said...

WOW. that makes me laugh so hard!

April said...

whatever anonymous...

Calie said...

I hope that was a test to see if people are reading it. That was just way out there. Luckely the church is still true no matter what the members do.

The Pyper Fam said...

That is hilarious! And that quote of all things...I was dying! I wonder if they had to get her permission! :)

Tami said...

I read it and didn't know what to say either. The lady doing the bulletin must have some strange ideas....so weird!!