Tuesday, January 13, 2009

dream

I always ask Kenzie when she wakes up if she had a dream while sleeping. I have tried to explain to her over and over again what dreaming is- and think about it- dreaming is probably a really weird concept for children to grasp- wouldn't you agree?





Try explaining it to a three year old child...

"well...you see...it is like seeing things in your head when you sleep...well not real things in your head...but pictures of things in your head...well more like your brain...your brain is inside your head...your brain makes everything work in your body...and so when you sleep your brain dreams...it is like watching a movie but it's in your head...or brain...but you're sleeping so you can't really choose what movie to watch- it just sort of happens..." -by this time Kenzie is really confused...

or I could just be more specific

Dreams are sequence images, sounds and feelings experienced while sleeping, particularly strongly associated with rapid eye movement sleep. The contents and biological purposes of dreams are not fully understood, though they have been a topic of speculation and interest throughout recorded history.

thank you wikipedia.

so no seriously we have been talking about dreaming a lot lately- only because once Kenzie woke up and said that she saw grandma in heaven and she was with a friend...

so yesterday after nap time I was hoping for her to reveal some more of her dreaming juice. Children fascinate me...and I know they have this closeness to the spirit that can't be explained.



well Kenzie did have a dream during nap time.

She dreamt about a truck that helps people. A fire truck that goes weeoooo weeooo (siren sounds). And then the fire truck was falling and it broke. And the people couldn't be helped anymore.

hmmmmm not the kind of dreaming juice I was hoping for...counseling in a few years???

1 comment:

Emily Taylor said...

Maybe kids don't really grasp it until they start having bad dreams. I swear my childhood dreams still haunt me. Although I did fly a lot, and I miss those dreams; that hasn't happened in a while.