Monday, June 15, 2009

you are going DOWN


I have yet to talk about our big day with Dave Ramsey...we have been super focused lately on budgeting and snowballing that debt...we are kind of nerdy about it...

but I will probably write about that later when I have more time...

but I just have to share one thing...

At the money makeover seminar there was a raffle held by Zion's bank for 2 Baby Step One $1,000 Dollar Emergency Funds for only 2 people out of everyone present- There were probably 5-7 thousand people there (half of the E-center) well they drew one name on that day and it was obviously not Chay or me (what are the odds?)...and then they said they would be drawing another name in a month...and what do you know? April Clark was the other person. AHHHHHH!!!!!!I just got a phone call today from Zion's bank!!!

They want to take a picture of me holding my check so they can hang it up in the bank!!! LOL

We already have baby step 1 so...this will go right into the snowballing...

BLESSING!

Student Loans you are going DOWN!

11 comments:

Tara said...

Awesome! Congratulations! Winning a thousand bucks, woah! I don't think I've won anything ever.

JeffT said...

No way! Those types of things never happen to people I know. Nice job!

Mothership said...

That is amazing! I agree with JThurgood--never happens to real people, right?

The Wright Stuff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Wright Stuff said...

That's flippin' sweet! LUCKEE!

Calie said...

You are so lucky! That is awesome. Way to go Apey!

Megan Potter said...

How cool!! I read the Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover and I paid off half of my student loans in one huge chunk. I even got a little too crazy and started posting my stuff on craigs list cause i thought "i don't even use this and could get some money out of it"
anyway, I'm glad you got a new pair of chacos, and got a good deal on them. Dave would agree, surely. Congrats on your first baby step $1000 emergency fund and your big 1/7000 odds of winning. Sweet blessing for sure!!
love ya april,
Megan

Solveig Atwood said...

oh happy day! Congratulations!

Stacy said...

You must be living right! Congrats - I would be on cloud 9.

Elissa said...

wow! how cool! Congrats! I too am one of those unlucky people who never wins stuff, so I am very impressed.

Smith said...

April,
Dave Ramsey is amazing! Now that you've got a chunk for your em fund... you are off to an amazing start! Good luck on your snowballing. It is so worth all of the effort and time to be Debt Free!!! (All of the effort that it takes to get out... we are never going back!) Keep on going, you can do it!!!
And now we live right down the road from you, well technically up the road in Ogden, but still really, really close! Hope to see you soon.
Love ya, Tierney