Saturday, September 05, 2009

broke down

I think it is the timing belt.

Broke down on a lonely freeway...at least I could see a house in the distance.

Here I am in Le Grand Oregon. I hear 15,000 people live here.

Some hotel, no car, no phone charger, 2 little girls

The towing guy was the nicest man in the world- so genuine.

The State Trooper- was so YOUNG. I knew I was older than him and that is a weird feeling. I am growing up. I can't believe I am growing up and becoming older than cops and celebrities.

The first man to pull over and help me told me as he left "I felt the Spirit to pull over and help you" I told him "Thank you for listening"

After about 2 weeks of an fun weird interesting visit home to Newman Lake...this finale seems quite appropriate.

More to come...

7 comments:

Delia D'Nell said...

wow, be safe! I will keep you in my prayers.

Tara said...

Chay called and told us the news. So sorry! Hopefully the repairs won't be too spendy and you can get it towed back home in the next few days. Good luck!

Dorene said...

I pray for your safety and that of the girls and as a bonus... that the repairs are minor!!

Calie said...

Oh April... I am so sorry. I wish I would have known. I know a few people in Le Grande... they would have set you up nicely. Its Wednesday....are you home yet? Call me.

Tonya said...

I also have good family friends from Le Grande. Maybe a nice hotel was just what you needed that night though :) Good luck.

Tiffani said...

How is your life going now that your home? I know it was a crazy weekend.

Elissa said...

wow-scary. Glad people helped you. I HATE car breakdowns. Hope everything can be fixed okay!